Thursday 17 May 2012

I'm in Japhet's gang - May 15th

So keep walking in a diagonal direction and remember who you're with.

It's easy really so how come I ended up with Ham's group? It won't happen again. Today I'm with my new Potter partner - who turns out to be Linda from my French class - isn't York like that? We've also got the kids and under Damian's direction, we turn into families, living normal lives. Some are making bread, others teaching or weeding the fields - it's amazing how we become snapshots of everyday life before the alarm spreads when soldiers appear to round us up.

The scenes we're rehearsing are 'Humanity goes to the dogs' and 'The journey to Bethlehem'. I am part of a long line of women washing bloodstained clothing symbolising humanity going to the dogs. It's an arresting image and I'm sure it will be one of many to surprise and affect the audience.

Rumours are flying around about who will play God/Jesus. Lots of famous names are mentioned but the good news is that we hear that the announcement is coming soon, very soon. We also hear that already about a third of the tickets have been sold - better get the family tickets organised!

No comments:

Post a Comment